1. We are not crazy.
2. Not all of us are the same.
3. It’s not easy to make the decision to take anti-depressants int he first place.
4. Anti-depressants do not magically cure our depression.
5. Some anti-depressants even make us feel worse.
6. That’s why it takes time to find the right medication.
7. We know you may be trying to help but saying “Just stop being depressed” and “This is probably just a phase” can make us feel worse.
8. Some days, even the simplest of tasks can overwhelm us.
9. The side effects of the medications can be hard to deal with, especially when we start a new one.
10. We want our depression to go away just as much as you do, but it’s not that easy.
11. Sometimes we can feel all alone, we need your support the most in these times.
12. We can’t just “Snap out of it.”
13. Depression is not the same as being sad.
14. Anti-depressants can lower our sex drive.
15. There are good days and bad days.
16. We don’t always want to talk about how we take anti-depressants.
17. Although our recovery may take a while, we won’t be depressed forever.
18. You don’t always have to find “the right thing to say,” sometimes just being there for us is enough.
19. Thank you for your love and support, for your kindness and patience, it means everything to us. Keep it up!