1. According to Guinness, it’s the highest grossing live action comedy of all time domestically.
2. It spawned an incredibly successful franchise.
3. The Move Bushwhacked was originally supposed to be a spinoff
4. Robert De Niro turned down the role of Harry.
5. The films director, Chris Columbus, has expressed some regret in casting Macaulay Culkin.
6. The films villains, Harry and Marv, probably would have died in real life.
7. The McCallister house from the movie is tourist attraction in Illinois.
8. Joe Pesci had a hard time adjusting to being family friendly and is said to have repeatedly dropped the F-bomb on set.
9. John Candy filmed everything for Home Alone in a single day.
10. Everything for Home Alone was filmed in the Chicago area.
11. Home Alone is the most viewed Christmas movie in Poland.
12. The role of Kevin was written specifically for Macaulay Culkin.
13. The tarantula used in this scene was real.
14. Unfortunately, Kevin’s tree house was taken down after the film finished shooting.
15. John Hughes got the idea for Home Alone while making Uncle Buck.
Post by Ryan Scott